Terms & Conditions
In addition, the following additional terms may apply to your use of the Site and are deemed incorporated into these terms:
Information about us
The Site is operated by DC Thomson & Company Limited trading as ‘DCT Investments’ (we, us and our). We are a limited company registered in Scotland. Our registered company number is SC5830 and our registered office is at Courier Buildings, Albert Square, Dundee. Our VAT registration number is GB927167212.
Access to the Site
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and that it is compatible with the Site. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We cannot guarantee the uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, modify or suspend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site at any time for any period.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United Kingdom and is intended for United Kingdom residents and we make no representation that any material contained on the Site is appropriate for any other jurisdiction.
Please refer to our Accessibility Statement for details of our current accessibility levels.
What you are allowed to do
What you are not allowed to do
- store pages of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by (i) systematically downloading and storing all or any of the pages of the Site or (ii) by screen scraping, framing, caching, data extraction or programmatic access whether by robot, spider or otherwise or (iii) by printing pages of the Site in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a database in hard copy form;
- collect or harvest personally identifiable information from the Site;
- remove or change any legal notices or other content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted;
- use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- use the Site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site or circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our security-related features;
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent;
- modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Site or parts of the Site or create derivative works from the Site; or
- use the Site for any business, commercial or public purpose unless otherwise expressly permitted on the Site.
We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission granted without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please send your request to us using the Contact Us page.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our group companies and affiliates.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos).
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged.
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content (including any software) of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements and cannot accept any liability for the same. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
Your personal information
External links and banners
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites and banner advertising. We have included links to these sites to provide you with access to information and services that you may find useful or interesting but we do not accept responsibility for their content nor for their compliance with any laws and regulations. We have no control over the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. We accept no responsibility for these sites or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators.
Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you (whether caused by tort or by breach of contract or otherwise) for loss of anticipated savings, data, wasted time, indirect or consequential losses, or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts, goodwill or other similar losses whether directly or indirectly incurred.
Thank you for visiting the Site.
Last updated: August 2014 © DC Thomson & Company Limited 2014